Mostly "Doh!", not much Ha!
Big deal, getting rich nations to admit/agree they should give poorer nations reparation money for the increasing damage done by climate change. No amount of money will now stop island nations from going under - literally.
Doha saw no Big Deal that actually and practically tackles The Problem.
Instead, we are all - rich, poor and in-between - still ensuring our only message to our planet is "Cruel goodbye, World".
Yesterday people were prepared to occupy Starbucks to protest tax inequity.
- who do you 'occupy' to challenge tar sands in Canada?
- when do you 'occupy' the acidification of our oceans?
- where do you 'occupy' the on-going construction of coal-fired power stations in China?
- what do you 'occupy' to reduce heat waste?
- how do you 'occupy' the scandal of billions of women worldwide without the right or the means to control their own fertility?
At the moment we have the politics of planetary suicide.
But it doesn't have to be that way.
Labour's red rose has a green stem. It's already 'occupied' with the democratic debate about the who, the when, the where, the how and the what. You can join in.
Let's have less Doh!Ha and more Green Labour.